By Emilie Andrews
“I’m bored” is one of the most dreaded phrases to hear during Spring Break. Tempe Marketplace is making sure that statement permanently vanishes from youngsters’ vernacular during this much-anticipated break from school.
With a bunch of boredom busting options available from its retailers and restaurants, the shopping center will be a bustling hive of activity to keep kids of all ages, along with their parents, entertained throughout the week.
Some boredom busters that can be found at Tempe Marketplace include:
• Kids can jump around and play in The Splash Pad near Barnes & Noble in The District, which is open daily, from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.
• Harkins Theaters will be busy popping corn and welcoming the masses as they flock to the theater to enjoy everything from just-released movies to catching up on the oldies during Tuesday Night Classics.
• As You Wish is holding a special Spring Break “Make and Bake” project from March 7-25, where guests can stop in to create a bright spring pendant. In addition, the pottery painting shop will hold a Mug Shot Monday on March 14, where painters can decorate a soon to be favorite mug.
• Dave & Busters, a video game amusement park for kids and adults, offers half-price games every Wednesday from open to close.
And for those looking to nibble and nosh their way through Spring Break, Tempe Marketplace is the great location to indulge:
• Penzey’s Spices is a “must-visit” location during Spring Break for any pint-sized chefs. There’s no better time to gather spices and create a week-long menu of delectable dishes and desserts for the family.
• Cold Stone Creamery and MoJo Yogurt are perfect spots to indulge and cool down during our anticipated 80 to 90 degree Spring Break.
Additionally, Tempe Marketplace will host free live music featuring talented local bands and musicians every Friday and Saturday night on the District Stage.
• For a listing of bands and show times, visit tempemarketplace.com/events/live-music/
Spring Break (Now through March 18)
Tempe Marketplace, 2000 E Rio Salado Pkwy, Tempe, AZ (Loops 101 and 202)
For more information, visit: tempemarketplace.com