What Millennials Want in a Home
With the real estate market becoming increasingly centered on a younger generation of home buyers, non-traditional preferences among Millennials in home redesign and home building will nudge these industries in new directions.
Northshore Fireplace recently gathered these preferences from over a 1,000 Millennials from all 50 states. The results provide some insight into how home design may change in the imminent Millennial era:
- The four most popular upgrades were new appliances (75%), large master bedrooms (64%), two-car garages (54%) and solar panels/energy storage (47%).
- Some of the least popular upgrades were 3-car garages, upgraded window treatments and upgraded roofing materials.
- Many preferred an upgraded neighborhood (38%) to an upgraded school district (20%).
- Many preferred interior upgrades to exterior upgrades.
- Other popular upgrades included luxury kitchens (46%), solid hardwood/stone flooring (45%) and a finished basement (41%).
For more details on the study, visit Millennial Home Study.