Chicago Police are warning residents on the city’s North Side to be vigilant and careful following a string of vehicle thefts in recent weeks.
Officials say each incident involved at least one thief, perhaps more, stealing a car that was parked legally on the street. It appears the suspects are targeting white or grey Honda vehicles.
Here is a list of the incidents, as provided by the Chicago Police Department:
- about 8:30 p.m. July 23 in the 3400 block of North Rockwell;
- about 9 p.m. July 24 in the 1300 block of West Lawrence;
- about 5 p.m. July 27 in the 600 block of West Buckingham;
- about 7 p.m. July 28 in the 4600 block of North Clarendon;
- about 9 p.m. Aug. 2 in the 2100 block of West Addison;
- about 10:15 p.m. Aug. 2 in the 400 block of West St. James; and
- about 5:30 p.m. Aug. 16 in the 4200 block of North Sheridan.
Police are urging anyone with information to contact the Bureau of Detectives – Area North at (312) 744-8263.
For more information, please see the official press release HERE.