Cori Garcia, economic development administrator for the Gilbert Office of Economic Development, is the recipient of the Arizona Association for Economic Development’s (AAED) annual Economic Development Distinguished by Excellence (EDDE) Award for New Member of the Year.
The prestigious EDDE Awards honor individuals and organizations that have made significant contributions to the advancement of the organization and also to the economic growth within the state of Arizona. Recipients are selected from a pool of nominations made by members of AAED.
Garcia was recognized for her active role within AAED and for supporting AAED’s organizational pillars of education, advocacy and collaboration. Specifically, she was lauded for her work as the Public Relations Committee’s Newsletter Chair in which she has refreshed the layout and improved the content and overall quality of the monthly publication.
She was also cited for leading the AAED marketing materials refresh-project which resulted in an upgraded visual image for the organization.
Overall, eight EDDEs were presented during an evening awards dinner at the AAED Spring Conference in Lake Havasu City. Other winners are:
- Tom Pitts, an economic development consultant in Yavapai County, Member of the Year.
- Mitchel Allen, vice president, business development, Greater Phoenix Economic Council, Economic Developer of the Year, Large Community.
- Tim Kanavel, Pinal County economic development manager, Economic Developer of the Year, Small Community.
- Salt River Project, Large Organization of the Year.
- Arizona Regional Economic Development Foundation, Sierra Vista, Small Organization of the Year.
- Deeidra Skipton of Goodwill Industries of Central and Northern Arizona, Workforce Practitioner of the Year.
- Bruce A. Wright, associate vice president for Tech Parks Arizona at the University of Arizona, AAED Best of Arizona Award.
AAED, founded in 1974, has a mission to serve as Arizona’s unified voice advocating for responsible economic development through an effective program of professional education, public policy and collaboration.
For more information on AAED, visit www.aaed.com or call (602) 240-2233.
Local Event Calendar: Add an event to your local Community Calendar
Realtors® click here: to learn more about Preferred Listing Ads.
Sponsored Content: Promote your business with a paid content article.
Latest posts by Sara Goodwin (see all)
- Southwest Behavioral and Health Services Appoints Steven Sheets as Vice President of Outpatient Services - July 11, 2017
- Southwest Behavioral and Health Services Presents Annual Employee of the Year Awards - July 7, 2017
- Christine Blank Honored as 2016 Arizona SUBWAY® Franchisee of the Year - July 7, 2017