(PHOENIX)– It’s the time of year many of us welcome scary sights and sounds – except when it comes to our cars. Don’t be spooked – your Neighborhood Auto Repair Professionals (NARPRO) are breaking down the most common frightening sounds.
And, whether you’re chauffeuring mini-monsters this holiday or walking along with the ghouls, NARPRO offers some tricks that will safely lead to more treats.
Common Spooky Sounds:
• A loud squealing can mean a loose belt.
• A low rumbling or metal-on-metal scraping sound can mean worn brake pads. Get this checked immediately.
• A clunking sound can mean a problem with the universal or CV joint.
• A thumping or clanking sound can mean worn ball-joints or tire-rods.
• A clicking sound that gets louder as you go faster can be something caught in your tire or wheel well
Being able to describe the sounds to your mechanic can lead to a faster, perhaps less expensive fix.
Does it sound like? When do you hear it? Where’s it coming from?
Rattling All the time Front of the car
Groaning When I start car Back of the car
Whining When I hit gas Under the hood
Squeaking When I stop Near a door
Knocking When I idle
Ticking When I turn
• Make sure all vehicle lights and turn signals are working.
• Drive slower than the posted limit to give yourself more time to stop.
• If you’re transporting trick- or- treaters make sure they’re properly restrained and getting in and out of the car only on the passenger side.
• Remind kids to avoid crossing the street mid-block or between parked cars.
• Encourage kids to stay on sidewalks.
• Add reflective tape to costumes so drivers can better see them.
NARPRO (Neighborhood Auto Repair Professionals)
The Neighborhood Auto Repair Professionals (NARPRO) helps car owners find skilled and honest car repair shops. NARPRO only recommends independent, family-owned, full-service auto repair shops that have passed 26 rigorous tests. Visit www.NARPRO.com to find recommended shops near work or home. NARPRO is the easiest way to find an honest mechanic in the Valley.
- Ahwatukee News
- Central Phoenix News
- Fountain Hills News
- Glendale News
- North Phoenix News
- Peoria News
- Surprise News
- West Phoenix News