House Fire Accidentally Started by Plumber

0
House Fire Accidentally Started by Plumber
A family’s home on Mummy View Drive in Coyote Springs went up in flames on Thursday afternoon, and officials say the blaze was accidentally started by a plumber.
The residence was heavily damaged in the fire, which began around 3:30 pm. When first responders from Central Arizona Fire and Medical Authority (CAFMA) arrived at the scene, they observed heavy smoke coming from the fully engulfed attic.
According to a news release, the fire was accidentally sparked by a plumber who was sweating copper pipes in the kitchen. The fire moved rapidly through the walls and up into the attic. Thankfully, all occupants made it out safely.
The straw hay bales, stucco exterior and drywall interior making up the home’s outside walls made it challenging for firefighters to put out smoldering flames. Crews were on the scene until midnight, helping the occupants retrieve their personal belongings and putting out hot spots and hidden fires within the walls.
The Yavapai County Sheriff’s Office, Prescott Regional Communications Center, Arizona Crisis Team volunteers and American Red Cross helped provide support and resources during the incident.

Editor’s Notes

Publish your Community News: We want your local news, business promotions, opinions, press releases, etc. Learn more about My Local News - Arizona.
Please note that My Local News does not fact check or edit Article Contributor's content. Per our terms and conditions Authors are entirely respnsible for use of any non authorized copyrighted images
MLN Arizona Google Analytics 2020 YTD
185,708 Users
642,218 Page Views
5:22 Average Session Duration
136,810 Subscribers

MessageToAuthor

Previous article This House in Queen Creek is Perfect!
Next article Stunning Home in Peoria with a Resort Backyard
I am a multimedia journalist and proud graduate from the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism & Mass Communication. I am originally from Minnesota, and I love learning about my second home, Arizona, and all of it's awesome communities through my contributions to My Local News! When I was a little girl, I created my own "newspaper" for my neighborhood and spent all my time writing, printing and sending each edition to my loyal subscribers (AKA my family and neighbors!). Now, it's a dream come true to be able to write everyday and have a positive impact on communities through my reporting. In my free time, I love to travel, hike, cook and spend time with my family and friends.

No posts to display