By Kristy Jozwiak
Big bubbles. Small bubbles. Bunches of bubbles. Individual bubbles. Millions of bubbles of every imaginable size and color will blanket Tempe Marketplace as the shopping center holds its inaugural “Bubble Bash”.
The FREE event will be held from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. on Saturday, May 14, at Tempe Marketplace.
Kids of all ages will be soaking up the fun as they immerse themselves in all things bubbles – from blowing, catching and popping them to learning about the science that makes them spectacular. Kids will have the chance to have fun and learn at several interactive bubble stations, including:
* Make Your Own Bubble Wand, where kids can use pipe cleaners to make their very own bubble wands;
* Chemistry station, which gives kids a chance to become a crazy chemist for a day. Young scientists will experiment with mixes of water, soap, baking soda and a glycerin solution to see what makes the ultimate batch of bubble solution;
* Physics station, where science buffs can discover why all bubbles are round, along with other fun bubble facts;
* Kid in a Bubble station for those who want to see the world from inside a bubble. It’s a great experience to bring a camera and capture the moment;
* Smoke Bubble station where experts will blow up cool smoke bubbles, which will burst with smoke when they pop;
* Get Your Own Bubbles makes sure kids can share the fun by handing out a bubble kit take-away to continue the play (while supplies last);
* Bubble Art station will allow participants to create unique masterpieces using different colored bubbles; and
* Giant Bubbles station will get kids to help make enormous, several-foot-long bubbles using giant bubble wands.
Saturday, May 14, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Splash Pad near Barnes & Noble
2000 E. Rio Salado Pkwy.
(SW corner of Loops 101 & 202)
For more information, visit tempemarketplace.com/bubble/