Kids Invited to Trick-or-Treat at the Different Grocery Store Departments &
Decorate Their Own Halloween Cake or Cookie (on site or at home)
Arizona families across the state are invited to creep and crawl into their neighborhood Bashas’ supermarket for some fun-filled holiday treats and activities the day before Halloween.
Bashas’ annual Halloween celebration will take place Saturday, Oct. 30, 2021, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., at its more than 40 supermarket locations throughout the state, as well as at the Bashas’ Diné Markets on the Navajo Nation, Eddie’s Country Store in Pinetop, and Food City stores in Parker and Lake Havasu City.
Children of all ages are invited to dress up and show off their costumes at the Halloween celebration. Each store location will award a prize at 1 p.m. for the best children’s costume. The prize includes $25 and a dozen donuts.
There will be plenty of fun for kids throughout the store, including:
· Bashas’ members (employees) in family-friendly costumes;
· Trick-or-treat candy stations at each grocery store department;
· A free cookie (individually wrapped from the Bakery Department) and free apple cider; and
· Lots of photo-taking opportunities!
Customers can also choose to purchase a Halloween cake (for $5), a taffy apple ($3), and/or a cookie ($1) from the Bakery, and decorate them in-store, at socially distanced tables, which will be:
· Available on a first-come, first-served basis;
· Stationed six feet apart;
· Only used by one family at a time; and
· Sanitized after every person is done decorating.
Halloween cake and cookie decorating kits can also be purchased to-go, for at-home decorating. The cake kits include a single-layer, eight-inch cake that is frosted in one color; it comes with one cup of decorative candies, two small tubes of icing, two decorative Halloween picks, and some decorating ideas. The cookie kits come with eight undecorated cookies and icing.
Family members of all ages can also take advantage of other seasonal treats that are available in stores for purchase, including Halloween candy, caramel apples, apple cider, and fresh-baked pumpkin chocolate chip cookies.
When: Saturday, Oct. 30, 2021, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
No advance registration is required.
Where: Bashas’ more than 40 supermarkets throughout Arizona, along with:
· Bashas’ Diné Markets on the Navajo Nation
· Eddie’s Country Store in Pinetop
· Food City stores in Parker and Lake Havasu City