The Area Agency on Aging was a winner in the 28th annual National Mature Media Awards program, earning four awards.
The program, presented by the Mature Market Resource Center, a national clearinghouse for the senior market, recognizes the nation’s finest marketing, communications, educational materials and programs designed and produced for older adults.
The Area Agency received awards for:
• Healthy Living Classes in the Health Promotion and Wellness Classification, Brochure/Booklet Category;
• World Elder Abuse Awareness – 2018 in the Education/Training Programs Classification, Consumer Education Program;
• Night of the Living Will in the Art/Design Classification, Graphic Design Division; and
• 2018 Charitable Tax Donation, also in the Art/Design Classification, Graphic Design Category.
Entries were judged by a distinguished panel of mature market experts from across the United States for overall excellence of design, content, creativity and relevance for the senior market.
“Earning awards and praise from our peers is extremely gratifying,” said Area Agency President and CEO Mary Lynn Kasunic. “Knowing that we are providing quality and useful programs to the community we serve is what drives us every day of the year.”
For more information visit www.aaaphx.org.
About the Area Agency on Aging, Region One
Since 1974, Area Agency on Aging has been planning, developing, coordinating and delivering critical programs and services to older adults and their caregivers, adults age 18+ with physical disabilities and long-term care needs, adults with HIV, residents in long term care facilities, and survivors of late-life domestic violence and elder abuse. The Agency develops new and innovative programs in response to unmet needs throughout Maricopa County to provide support for older adults to remain active and age at home in their communities. For more information, contact the 24-Hour Senior HELP LINE at 602-264-HELP (4357) or Toll Free at 888-783-7500. For the hard of hearing and deaf, TEXT (520) 775-1899 SMS (Short Message Service). Visit the website at www.aaaphx.org.
• Steve Carr, The Kur Carr Group, Inc., (602) 317-3040