ATLANTA (Oct. 16, 2018) – Arizona economic development agencies took home 10 Excellence in Economic Development Awards during the International Economic Development Council’s (IEDC) annual conference, held recently in Atlanta.
“The Arizona Association for Economic Development (AAED) is proud that numerous Arizona economic development offices were recognized in 2018 as the world’s best programs, partnerships, marketing materials, etc. by the IEDC,” said Joyce Grossman, executive director of AAED. “Our statewide numbers show that the economy is growing and the hard work of economic developers is paying off.”
Arizona economic development departments took home awards in the following categories:
· Gilbert: Silver Award – Video/Multimedia Promotion – What More Could You Want? video.
· Gilbert: Silver Award – Paid Ad Campaign – What More Could You Want?
· Gilbert: Bronze Award – Innovation in Economic Development Week – 2018 Gilbert Economic Development Week.
· Gilbert: Bronze Award – Annual Report – Fiscal Year 2017 Office of Economic Development Annual Report.
· Mesa: Silver Award – Partnership with Educational Institutions – city of
Mesa/Benedictine University partnership.
· Mesa: Silver Award – General Purpose Print Brochure – city of Mesa brochure.
· Sahuarita: Silver Award – Business Retention and Expansion Single Event –
Sahuarita Advanced Manufacturing & Technology Center (SAMTEC).
· Scottsdale: Silver Award – Special Purpose Print Brochure — Scottsdale Relocation Guide.
· Scottsdale: Bronze Award — Annual Report — Fiscal Year 2016/2017 Annual Report: Enhancing Scottsdale’s Business Brand.
· Surprise: Bronze Award – Business Retention and Expansion – Surprise Retail Survey.
“This year our judges reviewed some extraordinary projects that advanced both communities and businesses. We congratulate all the award winners, and thank everyone who nominated their projects for sharing their success with fellow IEDC members, said Craig Richard, CEcD, FM, president and CEO, Tampa Hillsborough Economic Development Corporation of Tampa, Fla., and 2018 IEDC board chair. “What we learn from each other helps us to grow and advance as a profession. We look forward to even greater participation from economic developers across the globe in the 2019 awards program.”
AAED, founded in 1974, has a mission to serve as Arizona’s unified voice advocating for responsible economic development through an effective program of professional education, public policy, and collaboration. For more information, call AAED at (602) 240-AAED (2233), or visit www.aaed.com.
IEDC is the world’s largest membership organization for economic development professionals. Economic developers promote economic well-being and quality of life in their communities by creating, retaining, and expanding jobs that facilitate growth and provide a stable tax base. From public to private, rural to urban, and local to international, our members represent the entire range of economic development. Learn more at iedconline.org.