Before calling for service, check the following:
- Thermostat: Are all switches in the correct operating position?
- Circuit Breakers: Be familiar with which breakers control your A/C and Heating. Are they in the “ON” position?
- Filters: Check to make sure you have a clean filter.
- Time Delay Circuits: Some units and thermostats have a 2 to 5-minute delay before the unit will come back on. Be patient before you call for service.
- Do not start and stop your unit. Turning the thermostat up and on at short intervals or switching it off and on can cause compressor problems.
- If you have a ground-mounted unit, be sure that the air access is not blocked by bushes or plants.
- Do you have a Load Controller? Make sure this device hasn’t automatically turned off your air conditioning.
And remember, regular maintenance on your heating and air conditioning equipment it the best way to minimize breakdowns. Call to schedule a check-up today at 602-483-6868
When considering whether you should repair or replace an AC unit, consider three things:
LIFESTYLE: Are there young children or seniors in your home and you need cool air at all times or can you deal with a breakdown once in a while and wait a day or two for parts to repair?
AGE: How old is the unit? ACs can be like cars. We have customers with units that are 2 or 3 decades old. But with proper maintenance and routine repairs, they don’t need to buy a new unit.
COMPARE COSTS: Get an estimate for repairs and estimates for a new unit. How does it stack up? A few hundred dollars vs a couple thousand make a difference.
Jim and Mike Donley and their employees have been providing honest, caring service to Arizonans since 1976. Family-owned Donley AC & Plumbing has twice been honored with the Better Business Bureau’s Ethics Award. Donley technicians receive ongoing training to provide the most comprehensive service for air conditioning, plumbing, heating, sewer repair, maintenance management and solar hot water. www.donleyservice.com