PHOENIX, Ariz. (Nov. 26, 2019): With the holidays and the end of the year closing in, many feel called to donate time to local nonprofits. The Alliance for Arizona Nonprofit offers resources for those looking to give their time.
“As the year draws to a close, there are many people who wish to give back with a donation or volunteer time with a non-profit organization,” said Alliance of Arizona Nonprofits Chief Executive Officer Kristen Merrifield. “We hope the diverse opportunities we have compiled from many of our member organizations will resonate among the giving-public this holiday season.”
When considering ways to volunteer, the Alliance offers these recommendations:
• Nonprofits that serve food, animals and the homeless often seek volunteers near the holidays. Call ahead to ensure you complete all forms and any necessary training beforehand. Don’t wait until the last minute.
• Reach out to organizations like Hands On Greater Phoenix, VolunteerMatch and Points of Light which specialize in finding volunteers for local nonprofits in Phoenix, Tucson and beyond.
• Consult the Alliance for Arizona Nonprofit website at www.arizonanonprofits.org/thesectorfor posted opportunities.
• Volunteer at a local Turkey Trot or running race on Thanksgiving or near the holidays. These races often benefit local nonprofits that need help the morning of the race.
• Volunteer with a friend. If you know someone who is already involved with a local nonprofit, reach out and ask about their service. Let them know you’d be willing to join them this holiday season.