What should you do to assure your air conditioning unit is functioning properly and effectively?
- Surge Protector for your AC! Don’t let one lightning storm blow out your entire unit (and all your other electronics!)
- It is important to maintain your outdoor condenser coil. It needs to be washed regularly by a professional, especially during the monsoon season. When it is loaded with dust and dirt, the unit operates hotter, uses more electricity overall and produce a less cooling effect.
- Filters need to be changed monthly. A good reminder is to change your filters every time you get your electric bill. A slightly dirty air filter can increase your utility bill 5-10%. A dirty air filter also lets more contaminants into your house – who wants to breathe those in?
- If you have a rooftop unit, contact a professional to make sure it is secured properly to prevent high winds from pulling the unit off the roof or away from your duct work.
- Make sure ductwork on the roof is sealed properly to prevent dust and dirt from entering your home through holes, cracks and poor seals like cracked silicone or tar.
About Donley Service Center
Jim and Mike Donley and their employees have been providing honest, caring service to Arizonans since 1976. Family-owned Donley Service Center has twice been honored with the Better Business Bureau’s Ethics Award. Donley technicians receive ongoing training to provide the most comprehensive service for air conditioning, plumbing, heating, sewer repair, maintenance management and solar hot water. www.donleyservice.com