Sat., Feb. 23, families are invited to join the one-mile Walk with Me Family Fun Walk featuring activities, food and drinks, games crafts and more for all ages!
Valley residents are encouraged to join the “hunt” – a 23-day challenge – to raise money to benefit Southwest Human Development programs for children with disabilities. The Walk with Me Scavenger Hunt includes “missions” like:
· Doing a random act of kindness
· Reading to a baby or toddler
· Singing carpool karaoke
· Making a purchase using AmazonSmile
· Inviting a colleague to Walk with Me
· Writing a haiku
Registration is $20 until Thurs., Jan. 31; it increases to $30 beginning Fri., Feb. 1. Teams of no more than four people can work together to win the grand prize including:
· Eight (8) tickets to an Arizona Coyotes Game
· A $150 gift certificate to American Furniture Warehouse for each team member
· Four (4) one-year members to Elite Restaurants (a $400 value)
· Four (4) $50 Safeway gift cards
The event takes place atRegistration begins at 8:00 a.m. with the walk beginning at 9:00 a.m. “Fun and games” run will take place from 8:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Presented by the Arizona Coyotes Foundation, Humana and Lockton Companies, the event benefits the Southwest Human Development’s Easterseals disabilities services. To join or start a team, or make a donation to the cause, visit swhd.org/walk.
For more information and to register a Scavenger Hunt team, participants can visit swhd.org/scavengerhunt.