Tucson fire crews battled a grease fire in a midtown apartment building on Sunday night.
According to TFD, multiple 911 calls came in just after 7:00 pm about smoke coming from inside the apartment located in the 4300 block of E. Pima Street. The first fire engine arrived on the scene at 7:14 p.m., quickly getting to work to rescue the occupants, including a man, woman and dog.
The two residents and their pet escaped without serious injury, although one of them was evaluated by paramedics on the scene. More units responded to help shut down the fire by 7:23 pm.
Fire officials say the grease fire was sparked by unattended cooking, an all-too-common cause for fires in the area.
The Red Cross of Southern Arizona is assisting the man, woman and dog displaced by the fire.
For more details, please visit the official website of the Tucson Fire Department.
Photo: Tucson Fire Department