A recent grass fire in Chino Valley led firefighters to issue a reminder for residents to be cautious.
Central Arizona Fire and Medical Authority crews recently responded to a fire in the 900 block of Reed Road. Crews were able to quickly contain the fast-moving flames before it involved any structures. According to officials, the fire started when a homeowner was trying to mow the grass and a spark ignited the grass.
A lack of precipitation this winter has made for very dry conditions, and fire officials urge residents and visitors alike to be very careful. For those pulling trailers, they should check the chains to ensure they don’t drag and create a spark. It’s also important not to park in dry grass.