Looking to take your career in sales to the next level? You’re in luck- one of the leaders in energy efficient technology and cars is hiring!
Tesla, the California-based and Elon Musk-led automaker and energy storage company, is hiring full-time Energy Advisors for their Scottsdale location. These team members play a pivotal role in allowing Tesla to achieve its mission of accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy. According to the official website, Energy Advisors are an innovative, hybrid retail sales integration within Tesla. In this role, you will engage with potential customers in our sales locations, exciting them about learning and experiencing our innovative products and programs. During every interaction with a customer, you will strive to understand the customer’s needs, schedule an energy consultation and help them join the transition to sustainable energy. You will ultimately be measured and rewarded by your ability to close customers on installing solar systems, as well as driving powerwall sales.
Energy advisors will work alongside Customer Experience Specialists and Owner Advisors to support one another and provide exceptional customer service. Teamwork is a priority here, as it is essential to achieving the highest level of success. Here are some of the other job details:
- Energy Advisors are responsible for meeting or exceeding monthly sales quotas and taking a consultative approach to educate customers on the expanding solar/clean energy industry
- This position requires employees to spend part of their time on-site in the store, engaging with prospective customers, as well as time visiting and consulting with potential clients at their home.
- They are also responsible for serving as the primary, external representatives of Tesla Energy sales and generating referrals and leads through events and networking activities.
- Self-motivation, drive, a strong desire to help customers and a high degree of professionalism are all required traits in representing these important products.
- Employees must represent Tesla in a professional and responsible manner while displaying creativity and ingenuity by presenting financial, technical, practical and lifestyle solutions to customers considering but unsure about going solar.
- Applicants should be confident in their ability to enthusiastically educate all customers and fans about the benefits of going electric and solar while spending a minimum of 15 hours in-store focusing on lead capture and building pipeline.
- Employees will assist in co-piloting test drives for Tesla enthusiasts and provide an exceptional customer service experience through sales, installation and ownership process that future customers would recommend to family and friends.
- Other responsibilities include greeting all guests, answering questions about energy and vehicle products, managing the customer experience in the most positive way, and maintaining a healthy sales pipeline by collecting customer contact information and subscribing them to digital updates from the company.
Employee performance will be measured by their ability to engage with and sign up potential customers in the store, by phone or in their home during a consultation for Tesla products or programs. Applicants should have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, with 2+ years sales experience with proven track record to meet or exceed goals. Excellent written & verbal communication skills are also necessary, as well as a strong focus on customer service and sense of team mentality and culture. Tesla is looking for a self-starting entrepreneur with exceptional project management skills and great attention to detail and the ability to prioritize multiple projects and adhere to business-critical deadlines. Applicants should be able to work evenings and weekends in both a retail and in-home sales environment. They should have a valid driver’s license and a minimum of two years with a clean driving record.