Calling all art-lovers! Scottsdale Artists’ School, a nonprofit school dedicated to teaching and improving fine art skills to aspiring artists of all ages, will hold its annual Best and Brightest Juried Art Show and Sale with a FREE opening reception on Thursday, February 8, 2018 from 5-7 p.m.
The annual juried show, held at the historic building in Old Town Scottsdale that houses the Scottsdale Artists’ School, 3720 E. Marshall Way, features beautiful paintings, drawings and sculptures from past and present Scottsdale Artists’ School students and alumni. Awards will be handed out in six judging categories: Oil, Drawing, Pastel, Sculpture, Small Works, and Water Media for:
- Best of Show – $500 gift card from Best of Show Sponsor Blick Art Materials and $750 gift card for the Scottsdale Artists’ School
- First Place Award – $500 Scottsdale Artists’ School Gift Card
- Second Place Award – $200 Scottsdale Artists’ School Gift Card
- Fine Art Connoisseur Award of Excellence – Full page advertisement in Fine Art Connoisseur Magazine
- Plein Air Magazine Award of Excellence -Full page advertisement in Plein Air Magazine
- People’s Choice Award – $100 Scottsdale Artists’ School Gift Card
- Scottsdale Artists’ School Purchase Award – Selected by the Scottsdale Artists’ School Board of Trustees and displayed and added to the school’s permanent collection
The 2018 Best and The Brightest features more than 100 works of art on display and they are FOR SALE. If you are looking for some amazing art at even more amazing prices, then you won’t want to miss this! Students who have taken classes at the School within the past three years produce all of the artwork. The show opening draws hundreds of participants and guests, and generates much-needed funding for Scottsdale Artists’ School to continue its mission.
ABOUT SCOTTSDALE ARTISTS’ SCHOOL
Located in one of the oldest historic buildings in the heart of Old Town Scottsdale, Arizona (1928), the Scottsdale Artists’ School (SAS) is considered a leader in visual art training for all levels – from absolute beginner to professional artist. Dedicated to the artistic enrichment of the community and to developing the capabilities of artists and aspiring artists by teaching the applied fundaments of fine art, SAS features over 270 workshops and classes annually. Taught by the nation’s leading artists along with a premier Youth Academy program, SAS is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization which offers six fully equipped studios, an art book library, student lounge, bookstore and a rotating display of fine art. SAS attracts more than 2,900 students and visitors annually from all 50 states and many foreign countries. To learn more about Scottsdale Artists’ School and its programs, visit www.scottsdaleartschool.org.
Submitted by M Marketing + PR