Shortly after noon on Monday October 9, 2017 Sedona Fire District was called for a shop on fire at 175 Sunset Pass Rd. in the Village of Oak Creek. “When firefighters arrived they found a 1000 square foot detached workshop completely engulfed in flames” said Fire Marshal Jon Davis, “Fire crews worked quickly to contain the fire and were successful in keeping it from spreading to nearby structures or trees.”
Firefighters remained on scene for nearly 4 hours to make sure that the fire was completely extinguished.
“During the night our crews checked on the remains of the building to make sure that the fire remained out and did not rekindle,” said Davis, “This is standard practice for us. We would hate to have a fire re-start in the middle of the night when it would be likely to go unnoticed for long periods of time.”
The loss of the building and contents is estimated to be around $100,000. There were no injuries reported. “The cause of the fire is under investigation but does not appear to be suspicious in nature” explained Davis.
About Sedona Fire District:
Mission Statement: We help people through Safe, Friendly, and Dedicated service.
Vision Statement: SFD will be a community leader in emergency services to make our District one of the safest places in the world to live, work, and explore.
Values Statement: We value the faith and trust of the community and each of our members will support the mission by adhering to the following values:
- Safe, Friendly, and Dedicated Service
- Cost-saving initiatives and multi-tasking for organizational improvement and sustainability
- Compassion, fostering a genuine concern for those we serve
- The ability to anticipate, influence, and adapt to change
- Personal accountability and professionalism, adhering to a strong code of moral and ethical conduct
- Teamwork, working together for a common goal
- The desire to serve, the courage to act, the ability to perform
Submitted by Sedona Fire District