Duet: Partners In Health & Aging—a 36-year-old Phoenix area nonprofit that promotes health and well-being through a broad range of services to homebound adults, family caregivers, faith communities, and grandparents raising grandchildren—is in need of new office space to house its staff and critical services to the community, including support groups and workshops.
Since its beginning, Church of the Beatitudes has generously housed Duet. Now though, the building Duet occupies requires extensive renovations and will be demolished in approximately four to six months.
“We could not be more grateful to the Church of the Beatitudes for housing us all of these years,” said Elizabeth Banta, executive director. “We are reaching out to local community members, businesses and supporters for viable office space leads. Our vision is to meet the growing demand for Duet’s critically needed services. Duet has the leadership, staff, growth plans and heritage needed to achieve this vision; now we need a new home.”
The nonprofit seeks 8,000 – 10,000 square feet of long-term office space for service coordination as well as service delivery (support groups and workshops). The preferred location is Phoenix between 35th Avenue and 16th Street, and Peoria to McDowell.
Banta explained that Duet is an interfaith, nonprofit organization that changes lives in partnership with more than 900 volunteers, businesses, government, faith communities, and donors. From escorted rides to grocery stores and doctor appointments, to support groups, workshops, and health promotion activities, Duet’s health and aging services bring the ability to carry on to those who are served.
For office space leads, contact Elizabeth Banta at (602) 274-5022 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Duet Key Facts:
- 2,800 people received Duet’s free-of-charge health and aging services 2016, including 42,600 hours of in-home volunteer services and 6,410 rides to medical appointments.
- 38,000 health services were provided through participating congregational health programs.
- Services provided through Duet save approximately $37,000,000 per year in taxpayer funds by helping elders remain living in their own homes, avoiding costly hospitalizations among people with chronic health conditions, and helping children stay in homes with grandparents.
- Duet was awarded Greater Phoenix Chamber of Commerce’s 2017 IMPACTful Nonprofit Award.
- Duet’s service area spans Maricopa County for three out of its four programs; volunteer services for isolated elders span Phoenix, Fountain Hills, Glendale, Paradise Valley, Peoria, and Scottsdale.
- Needs in Duet’s service areas are rapidly growing. For example, more than 69,000 elders in Duet’s service area report having difficulties with errands such as shopping and rides to medical appointments (per U.S. Census); more than 400,000 Arizonans serve as family caregivers for loved ones who have Alzheimer’s Disease; and 69,000 Arizona children are being raised by grandparents.