Many local students from the Flagstaff area were honored for their hard work and dedication last month.
The 2018 Career and Technical Student Organizations competitions were held on April 3 and 4 in Phoenix. There, 11 local high schoolers took home big awards. Here’s a roundup of the recipients and their achievements:
- Coconino High School student Brian Locke earned gold for his Automotive Program. He qualified for the national competition in Louisville, Kentucky this June.
- Flagstaff High School student Katrina Nelson will also head to Nationals after earning gold in screen printing.
Health Occupations Students of America: students in Dr. Aaron Tabor’s bioscience class placed first and third and are moving on to the national competition.
FCCLA (Family, Career, and Community Leaders of America) Program
- Matthew Heick from Flagstaff High School earned a silver medal in knife skills
- Sage Johnson from Flagstaff High School took home a silver medal in Focus on Children
- Sarah Peace from Flagstaff High School was awarded the bronze medal in cupcake decorating, while fellow student Abigail Pulley from Flagstaff High School got silver.
- Logan Smithson from Flagstaff High School won the silver medal in chicken fabrication while Yanin Sebastian Cardoza took home gold.
- Dylan Green was awarded the silver medal in baking basics
Local Event Calendar: Add an event to your local Community Calendar
Realtors® click here: to learn more about Preferred Listing Ads.
Sponsored Content: Promote your business with a paid content article.