Arizona Association for Economic Development (AAED) will host its annual Fall Forum, Oct. 25-27 at the Prescott Resort.
The conference, “Strengthening Your Economic Development Toolkit,” will provide general sessions as well as technical training for economic development professionals and those interested in working in economic development. Economic development experts will share economic tools, case studies for success and more in a number of areas, including:
- Economic climate,
- Greyfields reuse,
- Building an economic development team,
- Building a tactical marketing toolkit,
- Attracting retail to secondary and tertiary markets,
- Airports as economic drivers,
- Economic development under the current Washington, D.C. leadership,
- Maximizing military communities,
- Laying the groundwork for mega deals,
- Broadband grants for schools,
- Cultural competence tools for creating collaboration with tribes,
- What businesses need from economic development professionals and
- Tools needed to compete in the site selection process.
Additionally, the Golden Prospector Awards, showcasing excellence in economic development strategies and tools, will be presented.
Cost for the forum, if registered before Sept. 1, is $299 for members and $400 for non-members. After that, the costs are $399 for members and $500 for non-members. The registration deadline is Oct. 11.
Additional details and registration are available at the AAED website or by calling (602) 240-2233.